Benefits of regular Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissue of the body including muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints.
Massage therapy helps alleviate the soft tissue discomfort associated with every day and occupational stresses, muscular over-use and many chronic pain conditions.
Massage should be considered part of a long-term wellness routine. It is best to get a massage as frequently as possible, even if it is once a month or once every six weeks.
All your muscles tightness and pains can never be totally worked out, as you are constantly living, breathing and moving your body. Massage has its greatest benefits over time.
The therapeutic effects of a massage are cumulative, so the more often you get a massage, the better you feel and the more quickly your body will respond. The benefits of regular massages are :
• Reduces chronic pain
• Relieves neck and back pain
• Improves joint mobility and flexibility
• Calms the nervous system
• Lowers blood pressure
• Reduces swelling
• Increases blood and lymph circulation
• Strengthens the immune system
• Reduces tension headaches
• Reduces recovery time of injury and promotes tissue regeneration
• Releases endorphin – the body’s natural painkiller
• Reduces anxiety and mental stress
• Supports a feeling of well-being
• Improves energy levels
• Enhances sleep quality